Surgical Dressing Instructions
- You will have a Mepilex surgical dressing (see picture below) after surgery
- This will stay on for a total of 7 days after surgery
- You may shower with your dressing on but NO BATHS!
- Pat dressing dry gently when finished
- Often times your physical therapist or home care nurse will remove your surgical dressing for you
- If they do not, you may do so 1 week after surgery
- You will have a mesh dressing (Prineo – see picture below) underneath your outer dressing
- Take care removing the outer dressing and do not disrupt the mesh underneath
- This mesh is also waterproof and you can shower with it on
- It may fray at the edges and you can carefully use scissors to remove any residual mesh
- Typically the mesh dressing will stay on for a total of 3-4 weeks
- It may be removed at 3 weeks in clinic or in 4 weeks at home as needed
- If your dressing falls off prior to these times, please contact us for further instructions.
Please call our office with any questions or concerns: 248.650.2400