Medications to Stop Before Surgery
7 DAYS before surgery:
- Plavix, Pradaxa, Eliquis (blood thinners)
- Any anti-inflammatory medication (except Celebrex)
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Midol, Nuprin, Pamprin)
- Naprosyn (Aleve, Naproxen, Anaprox)
- Any herbal supplements
- Vitamins (multivitamin, etc)
5 DAYS before surgery:
You CAN continue to take the following medicaitons:
- Tramadol (Ultram)
- Iron supplements
Please take a moment to speak with your medical doctor about your regular prescription medications. Depending on which medications you are on you may need to stop them or continue them prior to surgery.
If you have any specific questions about your medications, please contact us to discuss.