A robotic knee replacement closely mirrors the conventional procedure, augmented by the precision and assistance of a robotic arm during the surgery. This greater precision allows for less bone and tissue disruption. Although robotic knee replacement does tout many advantages, a faster recovery is not automatically guaranteed. Follow these proactive tips to further the chance of a speedy and successful robotic knee replacement recovery:
Robotic Knee Replacement Recovery Tips:
- Walk Frequently - getting back to physical activity quickly is crucial to recovery. Walking helps prevent complications such as blood clots while keeping joints limber.
- Eat Healthy Foods - eating healthy and nutritious foods, especially those high in iron helps to carry oxygen throughout the body. Oxygen promotes healing.
- Get Plenty of Rest - resting allows the body to recover fully and correctly. Balancing the need for regular movement with the need for rest is imperative to recovery.
- Wear Supportive Devices - knee braces and other supportive devices may aid recovery if recommended by stabilizing the joint and preventing falls.
- Begin Physical Therapy - physical therapy is crucial to recovery. Targeted exercises can strengthen the muscles surrounding the new joint. They can also help the patient to overcome mobility restrictions.
Contact Frisch Ortho for a robotic knee replacement consultation today. We would love to answer any questions you or your loved one may have. Speedy and successful recoveries are our top priority!
Dr. Nicholas Frisch is a specialist orthopedic surgeon focusing on minimally invasive hip and knee joint replacement as well as complex primary and revision surgery. He believes in creating a personalized experience with the highest level of service. For all appointments & inquiries, please contact our offices located in Rochester and Tawas City, MI.